Friday, December 26, 2008

Reading Funk

After several failed attempts to read Paradise by Toni Morrison (I will read it at some point, I just cannot get into the story right now), I decided to go bookshelf diving. The truth about my bookshelf is that it is not a bookshelf, it is my closet, and the books are stacked two back. My goal was to find a book that I remember loving, but could not remember the details. The first book I found was The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I love that book and really do want to re-read it. But after moving it from the shelf, I noticed a book in my shelf that I had never read before. Then I moved some more books and hit the bookshelf treasure trove. That's right, a whole stack of five or six books I had never read. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember stashing these after they were handed down to me from a relative or from a free book giveaway. I have several stacks of these throughout my house, a lot of them from the English Departments annual book give away. Most of them are text books I'll probably never read, but somewhere in my mind I've convinced myself that they are or will be useful. We will see.

I'm going to start with Night of the Radishes by Sandra Benítez. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: